Friday, November 9, 2018

1CoolThing: ThinSlides, Video Creation, and more

Below is an email I sent out two weeks ago to our staff on the idea of thin slides:


I don't know the best time to share 1CoolThing ideas, so I'm just going to mix it up.  Today it's coming on a Monday!

This 1CoolThing video is on a topic called Thin Slides and is a great way to get students creating something together.  

WATCH THIS QUICK VIDEO ON THE TOPIC:


I demonstrated the practice this morning in Seema Patel's class.  This is one of the things I can do as your TOSA.  Feel free to invite me into your class to help demo a technology or teaching practice.  

When I work with teachers, I like the 3 step practice of "I do it. We do it. You do it." so you're getting the support, but also learning to do it yourself. Depending on the teacher, we may start with me doing it, or jump straight to the teacher doing it it all with me just being there.  Nevertheless, I'm here to support you when you need it, in a way that works for you.

Check out the video and reach out if you have any questions or want more information.

Cheers,
Kristofer

PS: Want more?
  1. Subscribe to 1CoolThing YouTube Channel to see more videos as they're added. I don't necessarily email everyone when a new video is published.
  2. Follow #1CoolThing on Twitter where I share the great things I see teachers doing daily.
  3. Do you have a cool thing you want to share? Please email me and have me come in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment